Sunday, August 9, 2009

MOD Spotlight: Atmos-Tech

Last week we took a look at AtmoGalaxy, a futuristic space mod. With Space09 going on, it’s becoming a big hit in the community. In the time since then, another futuristic-like mod has surfaced in the Creative spotlight.

When I opened the official discussion thread for the Atmosphirian, I gave everyone the chance to make suggestions regarding the various spotlights that the Atmosphirian provides. Unfortunately, we only received two suggestions. However, they were both for the same mod. Apparently anyone who cares enough to make a suggestion has a great taste in mods.

Today, I’d like to give the MOD Spotlight to a mod with further expands on the futuristic, industrial theme that mod-makers seem to be crazy for. With the support of the community, I’d like to announce Atmos-Tech by MaximumDragon as the winner of the Atmosphirian MOD Spotlight.

I’ll admit that I don’t have much of an eye for texture mods. I took a look at the textures folder one day and found the process to appear much more complicated than I had previously thought. Therefore, any mod seems to impress me. That’s why I turned to you, the community, to help me determine the next MOD Spotlight. To those of you who sent me suggestions, thank you. To those of you who didn’t, it would mean the world to someone who is working on a big project. It was at this point that I was introduced to Atmos-Tech.

Atmos-Tech, as the name implies, is a sort of high-tech mod. Each texture looks futuristic and electrical. MaximumDragon was truly creative with this project. Probably the most creative design was for the Muka Scout. Rather than remaking textures, the Muka Scout has been redesigned to resemble a floating android. I would not have thought this was possible until now. Great display of creativity! Another personal favorite would be the designs for the water. Rather than grass and mud to boarder the water, there is not a bronze-colored metal-like substance. The water itself has a sort of metallic appearance to it, resembling pollution.

The blocks themselves have been redone, of course. A few blocks have the same metallic substance that the water’s edge has, while others have an industrial feel to them (such as metal crates), while even more have digital-looking designs on them. It’s quite the interesting batch of textures! Taking a look at the screenshots, I can see how it all fits together.

Recently, MaximumDragon released the first content pack for Atmos-Tech. No waiting for you! Simply go to the forum and click on the link to download and sample his hard work. Once again, congratulations to Atmos-Tech, winner of the Atmosphirian MOD Spotlight!

AtmosTech Official Thread: http://www.atmosphir.com/forum/index.php?topic=6753.0

Want to see your favorite mod featured here? Send me a PM, @reply on twitter, or post in the official thread! http://www.atmosphir.com/forum/index.php?topic=7143.0

No comments:

Post a Comment