Saturday, August 8, 2009

Atylmpics: Round Three is Over!

Well everyone, the third round of the Atlympics have come to a close with some interesting results. Earlier today, Tamloo updated the bracket with the latest results. Here’s a quick review:

In the match between my “Time Trial Tower Dash [Mini09]” and Cmmatzat’s “The Mines of Galtine,” Cmmatzat was voted to move on. I fully accept the loss, and wish Cmmatzat the best of luck in the final round.

Between Scary101’s “The Room of Doom” and Boberto’s “Among Ruins,” Boberto emerged victorious. According to Scary101, he would have been unable to make a level for round four either way, so perhaps this is for the best.

Probably the most interesting math this round, Drfuzzyness’s “Into the Science Center” and Wowfunhappy’s “Pathways.” In the end, Drfuzzyness triumphed, and will move onto the next round.

Perhaps this is just me looking into things, but I’ve noticed that every time someone used a Freemo (One credit that allows you to use a pre-existing level for the current round), they lost. This applied to CloakedYoshi13’s “Zelda OOT Deku Tree,” Bender’s “Galaga [Blockart09],” my “Time Trial Tower Dash [Mini09],” and Wowfunhappy’s “Pathways.” I am not accusing the judges on doing their job unfairly by any means. I’m simply making observations. Let this be a lesson to us that sometimes the easy way out isn’t the best. In this competition, it never was.

Well, as we all knew from the beginning, the winner between Cmmatzat and I would result in a pass to the final round. Since Cmmatzat triumphed over me, he will instantly move on to the final round as long as he produces a level that can be beaten. As Tamloo said to Scary101, this could be the worst level ever created and it would still win.

This leaves a very interesting match between Boberto and Drfuzzyness. Who will succeed? Both are highly talented and well-known players both in-game and on the forums. This will be a match that we will all have our eyes on. The winner will advance to the finals, where they will face Cmmatzat for the grand prize. Best of luck to you both!

That’s all for today, Atmosphirians. I’ll have to write about the Dev Cast sooner or later, I’m sure.

While I’m on the topic of writing, I’d appreciate it if you could do a few things for me. First, keep this thread alive: http://www.atmosphir.com/forum/index.php?topic=7143.0. This is the official Atmosphirian thread on the forums. I know we had one before, but since AtmoNews made one, I felt the need to do the same. Please keep it floating!

Second, if you haven’t already, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Atmosphirian. Thank you to everyone who has already done so, and thanks in advance to all of you who will! I will update the Twitter with updates about new articles, as well as other important information as necessary.

Third, please spread the word about the Atmosphirian. I’ve gotten many positive reviews, and I’d like to spread the word. So please, make the Atmosphirian big. I assure you, the more people that read, the better things will get. Maybe in the future we can even have contests! With prizes! Everyone loves prizes.

Keep it up, Atmosphirians!

No comments:

Post a Comment