Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Player Spotlight: Munchy365

When I first joined Atmosphir and began to visit the forums, like anyone else, I was clueless about who everyone was. Everyone was a stranger to me, with a blank record. It was up to me to find my way around- there were always people offering their hand to help, but I had to seek them out.

On most other forums that I’ve visited, the moderators have stood out against the crowd. Nearly every post they made involved scolding someone for posting in the wrong place, bumping threads, or locking threads. Overall, it looked like a pretty boring and stressful job. Another thing I noticed about them was their age. It seemed to me that all of them were college-age or older. That’s a pretty big contrast to the group of teens that usually ruled the forums.

On the Atmosphir forums, nobody stood out as a moderator. It seemed that whenever something was out of place, everyone could point it out from a mile away. I ended up getting some of the moderators and regular users confused for various reasons. There was one moderator who really hid himself well, however. He acted just like a regular user with an interesting personality. It wasn’t until my first night on the live chat that it finally occurred to me that he was a moderator.

Of all the moderators that I’ve met from any forum, this one really stands out. They’re the perfect representation of the fact that moderators, although powerful, are exactly like us. This is why this week, I would like to present the Atmosphirian Player Spotlight to none other than Munchy365.

I first “met” Munchy in the live chat the night I was on vacation. A few hours were all it took to figure out his personality: overall, a very nice person. After seeing him in the chat, he was everywhere. In fact, it became hard not to see him. The most notable place is the Competition forum, which he moderates in. Just because he moderates doesn’t mean he has a rough job. Now that I’m thinking about it, I’ve never seen him have to inform someone that they’re in the wrong area. He’s very well liked in his own boards, and for good reasons.

One of Munchy’s services as a moderator is the Challenge of the Week. Every week, he will select a few levels that are deemed “challenging” enough to be placed in a poll. The community votes and the winner has their thread stickied in the Competition board. Munchy gives one user a shot in the spotlight for making a great level, which often gets them noticed. Anybody who has their level nominated should be thankful for the chance at some fame.

Another highlight of Munchy’s Atmosphir career is his “Flying Circus,” where he will make any kind of graphic you need, free of charge. Simply fill out a request, and he’ll get right on it. At the time of writing, the shop is closed so he can work on some orders. In the future, be sure to remember Munch’s Flying Circus for your graphic needs. He recently requested a shop spotlight, but since there isn’t much competition for that, this was it. You’re welcome, Munchy.

These are just a few of the things that Munchy does around the community. As a moderator, it’s not hard to miss him. Keep an eye out, he’s always looking for friends.

So once again, congratulations to Munchy365!

1 comment: