Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Beginning of The Atmosphirian

Atmosphir.

It’s probably not something you’ve really heard about (probably because it’s still locked away in beta testing and has failed to see the light of day). If you’re reading this, odds are it’s because I decided to show off on the Atmosphir Forums, or I shoved the link in your face declaring that I’m trying to run a blog. Either way, it’s not the type of game that you hear about every day. You don’t see banner ads on various sites, it’s not the game that all of your friends are playing; your life probably wouldn’t be any different if you lived without knowing about it.

But Atmosphir, to those who have experienced it, have entered a world that they may find hard to leave. Like a baby or a small child that you can’t take your eyes off of, Atmosphir is taking its first steps towards becoming an incredible game. Of course, there are some bugs to work out, but there’s a reason it’s in closed beta. And that’s also why there’s a small group of us working together to improve it. As we play and give feedback, we are shaping the very future of Atmosphir. This is a community project, and we are the community that it ready to step up to the challenge.

My name is Colin. That’s all you really need to know, I suppose. You may have seen me wandering around the community under the name Colinnn. Original, I know. For awhile I’ve wanted to make some sort of impact on the community. I want to play a crucial role in the making of Atmosphir. Maybe I sound a little power-hungry, but I don’t want power. I just want to play my role. Out of that idea came the idea for this blog, The Atmosphirian. I’m planning on making it a little journal, talking about the world of Atmosphir. Odds are I’ll be discussing my favorite levels, recent events in the community, and showcasing levels and users who seem to be making an impact in the world, just as I would like to. I might talk about some of the less friendly things, such as giving criticism for things that may seem out of place, or express my frustration with literally impossible levels. I tend to be pretty good-natured, so don’t count on those showing up as much.

I don’t know if I’m starting on a project that could last a few hours, or a few months. Maybe the spark will be lit in me, and I’ll be doing this as long as I am able. Maybe this won’t be a good idea to the community, and The Atmosphirian will fade away. Or maybe it will become a big hit, and everyone will be asking for more. I suppose that’s up to the community to decide, but for me, I’ll do my best to give it my all. My goal is daily updates, but as we all know, things happen. So bear with me as I start my own journey to bring coverage of Atmosphir, written by a sixteen-year-old living in Iowa, to the community of Atmosphir.

Feel free to drop me any comments or concerns you may have. I’m always looking to improve on my work (as I’ve said about all my levels, and now this).

1 comment:

  1. this is great completely, but just so you know, you can set the top thing that is actually an image to be the .swh or something file at the rop of the forums that is animated.

    ReplyDelete