Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Player Spotlight: Boberto, Public Opinion Survey

I haven’t been a member of the Atmosphir community as long as many others. I downloaded Atmosphir on June23rd, 2009, but my time on the community has been even shorter. I would estimate that I became a regular on the forums roughly two weeks after joining. Even in that short time, it’s been fairly obvious to me who each person is, and how much of a role they play in the community. In such a small, close group, it’s not difficult at all to see who is an active member, who thinks they’re the best, etc. If you mention someone else, nearly everyone will know who you are referring to.

To me, some members stand out among the others. Some are much more involved in the community, commenting everywhere and being involved in everything. Some are expert designers, and you see them winning contests and being featured. Most importantly are those who seem to give a feeling of kindness, and lighten the mood of the community.

And this is why I’d like to throw someone into the Player Spotlight. If you’ve been on the forum for even a few minutes, you’re bound to see him. He’s like a ray of sunshine to the community and to the game. Yes, that was a bad pun on his current avatar.

The first ever User Spotlight presented by the Atmosphirian goes to none other than Boberto!



At the time of writing Boberto has been online a total of 14 days, 20 hours, and 18 minutes. His total post count is 2495. This makes him the #4 top poster out of everyone on the forums!

If you’re moving through the forums, you can’t miss him. His current icon is a giant sun, with a cheesy smile and a pair of shades. He seems to be everywhere! He is an active participant in community events, such as the Atlympics and Jumpstart Design Challenges. Boberto definitely knows his way around Atmosphir!

But these are simple accomplishments that anyone can achieve. What really makes Boberto stand out among other users is his personality. He really is a ray of sunshine to the community. From what I have seen of him, Boberto is always very good-natured about everything. While browsing the Atlympics forum, I noticed that he is very encouraging to the other competitors- even his rival in round one, Bender. Not many people would be willing to offer such encouragement to others.

In my opinion, Boberto is an important figure in Atmosphir. His kindness and personality certainly add a lot to the environment, and this is why the spotlight is on him. Congratulations, Boberto!

I know some you have noticed the Public Opinion Survey I’m holding about The Atmosphirian. I’m attempting to gather opinions about the Atmosphirian. Please, if you have not done so already, go here (http://www.atmosphir.com/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0) and vote, as well as leave a comment. Each vote helps me to get a very broad opinion of the public’s view of The Atmosphirian. The comments, however, are where I get the most information. Telling me what you think of The Atmosphirian tells me what to do more or less of. As I said in the thread itself, writing a blog is not a job for one person. It takes the support of a community in order to make it happen.

Until next time, Atmosphirians! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment